February 16, 2011

day forty.seven

hi 097

after a few days of a slowly draining tub i decided to put on the role of plumber and attack the clog. i am sick and tired of the plumbing in this house. i've had my arms elbow deep down a pipe too many times to remedy over flowing toilets or drain pipes that stop flowing altogether. it seems to happen at least twice a year since moving into this old home eight years ago. my husband is never home when it needs to be fixed so i tackle it alone, now with the assistance of a three year old. the nerve-wracking part is putting the elbow pipe back on and praying it doesn't leak. there was much success the first attempt and it was dry as a bone. i refrained from taking a photo of the rat sized clump of hair that was the culprit.

4 comments:

  1. Following from Blog Hop Skip and Jump Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kari, oh boy... plumbing issues are the worst. I admire you for tackling that job! I live in a 100 year old house and we 1-2 times a year have our pipes rodded out. The culprit is tree roots. Nothing we can do about it unless we take the down the 70-80 trees which I hate to do.

    I saw your blog on Welcome Wed.
    www.rosarymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your 'pain'. We live in a new house, and still have the problem....yuck!! I'm blog hopping and found your blog!! Am now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back. Hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. You can also add your blog to our Blog Hop! Have a Sweet Week.
    http://www.AMommysSweetBlogDesign.com
    http://www.MommysReviewsandGiveaways.com

    ReplyDelete